518-608-5797 Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google+ YouTube Blog


mobile-callClick to Call
Twin Bridges Insurance Agency

1881 Western Avenue, Suite 210
Albany, NY 12203

google-mapGet Directions
Family in automobile

Does my business need commercial insurance?

There can be a lot of details to consider when starting a new business. From choosing a location to setting up advertising, there are plenty of things to do.  In the middle of considering everything, however be sure to consider your commercial insurance needs.   

Commercial insurance actually includes several different types of insurance that are used by businesses.  This can include commercial auto insurance in which a policy is written specifically for company-owned cars and/or vehicles that are being used on a part-time basis for a business.  Another common coverage is commercial property insurance that insures the structure of a store, office, or manufacturing facility along with the contents of the building.

it can be difficult to know when it’s time to invest in commercial insurance, however. Any business that has assets such as inventory or heavy equipment that cannot be easily replaced needs to have this coverage.  In fact, most small businesses start with small commercial policies that cover large equipment and their inventory.  Eventually, these policies can be expanded to include additional assets, umbrella insurance, and other coverage.

Commercial auto insurance should be added as soon as your company has a dedicated car that is used for the business. Standard auto policies rarely cover vehicles that are being used primarily for a business, making it a bad idea to simply rely on a personal policy or the personal policies of your employees.

If you think it’s time for your business to make the investment in a commercial insurance policy, then call the agents at NY Twin Bridges Insurance Agency. They have years of experience helping their business clients find the policy that is right for them.


Riding Motorcycles in NY: Why it’s Better when Insured

A motorcycle trip can be the trip of a lifetime, but it can be ended all too quickly, especially if you aren’t properly insured. NY Twin Bridges Insurance Agency strives to make sure that every driver on the road has the proper insurance plan to suit their needs. This is because, while a motorcycle is the perfect vehicle to represent ‘freedom’ while driving down the highway, all of that freedom could disappear in the blink of an eye. It could be a traffic collision that leaves your motorcycle damaged and in need of repair (or worse – completely wrecked), it could be a serious medical bill as a  result of the accident, or it could even be a suspended license, thereby limiting your ability to travel not just for fun, but also for your job. Using NY Twin Bridges Insurance Agency’s online services however can help you overcome the unfortunate status of an uninsured rider in just minutes. Even if you didn’t find what you want here, it’s certainly worth trying to avoid crippling financial debt.

And just in case any of your motorcycle riders thought that having insurance and a license was enough to be able to ride the highway in proper adherence to the law, think again – in the state of New York, all motorcycle riders and passengers are required by law to wear both a helmet and a pair of protective goggles (both must be up to a certain standard of quality and safety in order to qualify under the law, mind you). It may seem like a bit of a pain to have to wear one, but they can be life saving.

The law varies from state to state, so if you have any questions, contact NY Twin Bridges Insurance online or by phone at (518) 608-5797. Whether you’re from Albany, Ithaca, New York City, or even from out of town, we are happy to help.