518-608-5797 Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google+ YouTube Blog


mobile-callClick to Call
Twin Bridges Insurance Agency

1881 Western Avenue, Suite 210
Albany, NY 12203

google-mapGet Directions
Family in automobile

Home Damaged in Disaster! Now What?

What would you do if something damaged your home? Maybe it was fire, a flood, hail damage, vandalism, or a host of other disasters. Once you’ve taken some comfort that you and your family are safe, it’s time to collect on that insurance so you can make the necessary repairs or replacements and return to living. Here’s how you do it. 

File That Claim

First, if a crime has been committed, you call the police and make a report. If it was just Mother Nature in a snit, skip it and contact your insurance company as soon as possible to file your claim. You may be asked to document the damage with photographs. During the ensuing investigation, cooperate with your insurers. You can make repairs, but hold on to those receipts! If your house has become so uninhabitable you have to leave, keep receipts for all food and lodging. You could be reimbursed. You might think about hiring a public adjuster. They will review, evaluate your property, and get you a fair deal with the insurance company. 

NY Twin Bridges Insurance Agency, Now Serving Albany, NY

If you insure your Albany, NY, home with NY Twin Bridges Insurance Agency, you may not need the services of a public adjuster. We at Twin Bridges are committed to treating our clients respectfully, courteously, and fairly. We pride ourselves on exemplary, personalized service and focusing on the client’s best needs. Contact one of our agents today!