518-608-5797 Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google+ YouTube Blog


mobile-callClick to Call
Twin Bridges Insurance Agency

1881 Western Avenue, Suite 210
Albany, NY 12203

google-mapGet Directions
Family in automobile

Can I file a claim with my Albany, New York insurance company if the basement of my home suffered damage due to flood?

Depending on the source of the water damage, your homeowners insurance should cover the damage in your basement. Many homeowners may not realize that flood insurance, caused by a natural disaster, usually requires a separate policy. Although, if your water heater breaks, your bathtub or washing machine over flows, or your sump pump stops working, you should be able to file a claim for the water damage.

Speaking with your independent agent is the first step to take if you have damage to your basement in Saratoga Springs or Schenectady. We can help you determine if your current insurance policy will cover the damage. If you use your basement as a recreational area or a media room, you may have extensive repairs. With a quality homeowners insurance plan, you should be able to replace your pool table, gaming system, and huge flat screen television without a problem and in a short amount of time.

If you find out your current policy will not cover the damage, you will want to shop around and find another plan. An independent insurance agent can help you compare rates and quotes to find the best policy for your situation in Albany, New York. We want to help you and we care about helping you protect your home and your personal possessions. No one wants to live without their belongings or face the stress of filing an insurance claim. When you work with independent agents, they can help you find the policy you need for the price you can afford. Call us today.