518-608-5797 Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google+ YouTube Blog


mobile-callClick to Call
Twin Bridges Insurance Agency

1881 Western Avenue, Suite 210
Albany, NY 12203

google-mapGet Directions
Family in automobile

Can I Make a Vandalism Claim Without a Police Report in Albany, New York?

When a car is damaged or vandalized, it may seem like a straight-forward claim. An Albany, New York insurance company will usually cover the damages, but only when proper measures are taken to prove that the cause of the damage is vandalism.

Making a Report

If your car is vandalized, then you must make a formal police report before you make a claim on your auto insurance. The insurer will want to see proof that your car was vandalized, not damaged from natural causes, an accident or any other situation.

Call the police and file a report. Ask for a copy of the report so that you can send it to your insurer to make a claim. The formal paperwork is proof that your vehicle was damaged in the way that you are claiming and it ensures that your insurer will pay for the damages according to your policy.

Making the Claim

Filing a claim with an insurer may be a simple process. The insurer will usually ask for a report, but it is best to send a copy of the paperwork so that you have the original paper given by the authorities. That helps ensure that if the paper is lost, you will still have proof of the situation.

If you are not sure about the process of making a claim, an independent agent can help you work out the details of your policy and assist you through the process. An agent can also help if you need additional coverage for vandalism.

In most cases, you will need the appropriate proof before you receive funds from your insurer. If you are unsure about the process, then an agent can give you the help you need. To learn more, contact us to talk to an agent today.